Grilling Me Softly is a series of photographic portraits and interviews with emerging artists, musicians and creatives living and working out of Melbourne, Australia.
Subjects are encouraged to speak about their individual practices openly and on their own terms, in a forum outside of the rigour of academic and professional avenues. The photographic portraits, composed in 35mm, aim to echo this frankness and simplicity.
I aim to create an archive of this particular moment in Melbourne’s creative history, and for the site to act as an inter-disciplinary platform, fostering links between distinct art forms, individuals and groups.
- I write, manage, copy edit and proof-read all online content
- I research subjects and formulate questions
- I liaise with subjects, both by email and over phone
- I interview subjects, both over the phone and in person, and transcribe interviews
- I photograph subjects, using analog photography
- I promote the site through Facebook and Instagram